- 2 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram, ground
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 slices lemons
Directions See How It's Made
- Put roast in a shallow pan or marinating container.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover, refrigerate at least 4 or up to 24 hours.
- Remove roast from marinade; place in a roasting pan.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until tender when pierce with fork.