Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tangy, fast & economical dish that I've been making for years. You can also substitute boneless chicken breasts for the pork chops.
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice or 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Salt & pepper the pork chops to taste.
- Brown the pork chops in olive oil.
- Add chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic and place sliced lemons on top of pork chops.
- Add the tomato juice.
- Cover and simmer for about an hour.
This is a very good recipe, although the name is very confusing. The V-8 juice gives it a tomato taste.