Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was submitted by Sher. Sounds fancy enough for company and easy enough for an every night dinner. Serve with rice, noodles, scalloped taters or your favorite side dish for a great meal.
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 lemon
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C.) In large skillet over medium heat brown chops on both sides.
- Remove chops and place the in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar,and vinegar.
- Pour mixture over chops, spreading to cover evenly.
- Cut 6 slices from the lemon and lay one slice on top of each chop.
- Squeeeze the juice from the remaining portion of lemon over chops.
- Cover and bake for 30 min.
- Uncover and bake for 10 min.
How yummy! A fast and easy dinner. I added extra lemon to the sauce mix because I like a tart taste. This recip is a winner!
I really liked this although I only gave it a 4 because I added things to the sauce as I thought it was too sweet on its own. I just put a couple of splashes each of soy sauce and worchestershire sauce, and then some garlic and onion powder. Overall though, it was great!
This was awesome! The flavor was perfect, the chops were tender, and what a great change to cooking pork chops! The only thing different I did was to put the ketchup mixture into the pan after removing the chops and straining off the excess fat. I heated the ketchup mixture and stirred it to take up all the browning left from cooking the chops. It really added extra flavor to the sauce! Will definately become a regular recipe in this house!