Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
Great for tea/coffee with friends and family!
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Combine the lemon zest and sugar in a large bowl. Add in the melted butter, lemon juice, vanilla, and poppy seeds, combine. Whisk in the eggs.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
- Gather the dough into a ball inside the bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into a 10 inch by 4 inch loaf with rounded ends. Bake for 22 minutes or until golden in color. Remove the loaf from the oven and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Use a bread knife to cut the loaf into 1 inch slices. Put the slices back on the baking sheet, cut side down. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Turn the slices onto the other side, bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Cool the biscotti on a wire rack. Enjoy and store in an airtight container.
Great flavor and so addicting. Will make these many times again. They are soft and easy to eat.