Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a great sweet bread that can be easily made into muffins or even cake as well.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, soda, salt, and poppy seeds.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and mix in the yogurt, oil, and vanilla.
- Zest the lemons over the bowl and then squeeze the juice in (be careful not to let any seeds fall in).
- Mix the flour mixture in with the liquids.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes.
I used over a cup of lemon juice and still seemed too dry... good flavor though. Might be successful with more oil, applesauce, or yogurt.
This was okay but a tad dry..I needed to add extra liquid just to combine all the ingredients but still then end result was quite a dry bread...I ended up making it in to crumbs and making a crumb custard.