Recipe by CaliforniaJan
Get a great lemon, poppy seed bread right from your bread machine! Note: Use butter OR oil and lemon zest OR lemon oil, not both. Thanks to Annacia for catching my goof. I looked at the notes and the original recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of poppy seeds, which I have added to the ingredient list below.
Top Review by swtsecrt
This is a great sweet bread! I took Annacia's advise and used oil instead of butter and I used splenda for 2tbs and sugar for the last. I also used half bread flour and half wheat. I did end up having to add about an 1/8cup of water probably because of the wheat flour but it turned out lovely! DH and DD loved it!
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind or 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon yeast