Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are perfect little treats for a midnight snack, breakfast, or anytime. They aren't overly sweet and go great with a cup of coffee or milk. Martha White Muffin Mixes are easy to experiment with by adding nuts, cream cheese, berries, raisins, etc. They serve six so you aren't left with a lot of leftovers, and they are very inexpensive.
- 1 (7 ounce) package fat free muffin mix, lemon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare the muffin mix (I used Lemon Poppy Seed Flavor for this recipe) with 1/2 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Blend just until moist with a fork, leave lots of small lumps throughout the dough for best results.
- In a separate bowl blend the cream cheese and sugar.
- Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute the dough into the six cups filling about 2/3's of the way full.
- Gently press about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each muffin. The cream cheese will fall into the center of each muffin as it bakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Can serve warm or freeze and serve later, but these are definitely better the next day.