Recipe by Vino Girl
From Taste of Home (April/May 2001)
Top Review by surus
Love these. And easy to make. If you don't have a rolling pin you can just pat the dough onto a circle with floured hands. I used a pizza wheel to cut into wedges. Mine cooked for the full 25 min. I made these to freeze for Christmas so we will see how they make out . Well, ok, I didn't freeze them all!
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream confectioners' sugar and butter together until fluffy.
- Stir in poppy seeds and lemon juice.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions and roll each into a 4 inch circle on a lightly-floured surface.
- Transfer each dough portion to an ungreased cookie sheet; cut each circle into 6 wedges.
- Prick each wedge several times with a fork and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool for 4-5 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
- When cool, break each circle apart into wedges.