4 hrs 25 mins
For all the lemon lovers :-) Prep time includes lots of chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy and smooth; then add lemon juice and zest, and vanilla, and beat well.
- 2In another bowl, combine the flour, poppy seeds and salt; add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- 3Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 3 hours (you can also freeze dough for up to 2 months).
- 4Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- 5Roll dough between two sheets of wax paper to a 1/4-inch thick rectangle about 10 by 12 inches.
- 6Cut shortbread dough into 3x2-inch bars (make them 3x1 if you wish) using a knife or sharp edge.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheet (s) one inch apart.
- 8Prick the shortbread with a fork and bake until pale golden, approx 25 minutes.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Poppy Seed Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g