Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Betty Crocker's New Eat and Lose Weight Cookbook.
Make and share this Lemon Poppy Seed Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and poppy seed in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture is fine crumbs.
- Mix lemon juice and milk, stir into flour mixture until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, gently roll in flour to coat.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- Roll or pat into a 9in circle. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 mins or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
Made this for sunday brunch this weekend and everyone loved them. Made as directed but I did add another tblsp. lemon juice. You cant get much easier than this recipe! Thank you
I have just made this recipe and it was a disaster! All of my measurements were accurate and I ended up with a soup-like consistency. I had to add several more cups of flour to get something like the dough that the recipe describes. The extra flour and stirring resulted in a tough and tasteless dough. I baked it anyway, just to follow through. The "scones" were so awful I threw the whole thing out! What a waste of my time and ingredients!
These were delightful! I like one reviewers idea of lemon icing and may try that next time. I liked the mildness of the lemon, but more lemon would be good too. I served these with steak and eggs for dinner. Very easy to make.