1/1 Photo of Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
This recipe came from a restaurant in New Milford, CT. So easy and delicious with the use of a food processor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- 2Position rack in top third of oven.
- 3Mix flour, 1 cup sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, lemon peel and salt in food processor.
- 4Add butter and cut in, using on/off turns, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5Whisk egg, and lemon juice in medium bowl to blend.
- 6Add flour mixture.
- 7Using on/off turns, process until moist clumps form.
- 8Add 1/3 cup milk.
- 9Using on/off turns, process just until dough comes together, adding more milk if dough seems dry.
- 10Using floured hands, gather dough into ball.
- 11Flatten to 8" round.
- 12Cut round into 8 wedges.
- 13Transfer scones to large baking sheet; brush with milk.
- 14Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbs sugar.
- 15Bake until scones are golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 16Transfer to rack and cool.
- 17(Can be made one day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature).
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
Serving Size: 1 (940 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.1
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 444.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g