Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Has a fresh lemony flavor that is cheerful and light.
Make and share this Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, pudding mix, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the milk, eggs, lemon peel and butter; stir in the extracts and mix well. Add to flour mixture along with poppy seeds; mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.
We just got done making 36 mini loaves of this for a school fund-raiser. What great bread! Very very easy and absolutely delicious. This was our second most requested bread, cranberry-orange (Cranberry-Orange Quick Bread) being the first. We didn't change a thing and the loaves were perfect! The above recipe makes 6 mini loaves.
I can't rate the taste yet since I sent it to my nephew in a care package. The recipe came together quickly and baked up nice and high. I know I'll be trying it for my family soon.
Very tasty. I baked the loaf for 70 minutes and it came out perfect. It had a nice crust and soft interior, and wasn't too sweet. Great for dessert and breakfast. I liked it best served hot, spread with butter. I think it would also be great as muffins. Thanks for sharing.