Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and delicious. This is actually a pull-apart "bread". Lemon and poppy seeds are always a good combo. Throw in cream cheese and sugar, and you have a definite winner!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1 tsp of the lemon peel and the lemon juice; mix well.
- In another medium bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp lemon peel and the poppy seed; mix well.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Carefully split side of each biscuit halfway to form opening.
- Fill each opening with 2 rounded tablespoons cream cheese mixture.
- Press edges firmly to seal.
- Dip filled biscuits in melted butter; coat with poppy seed mixture.
- Place in ungreased jumbo nonstick muffin cups.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of each puff to loosen; remove from muffin cups.
- Serve warm.
- Store in refrigerator.
This recipe was fantastic! The taste was similar to cheese danish. I'm pretty sure that my family will request this often! I baked them in my cast iron skillet, so they browned nicely and stayed warm longer too. Thanks for the recipe!