Recipe by Barb G.
Tasty noodles, My DH loves noodles. The recipe comes from Gourmet.
Top Review by Michelle S.
These are tasty! The combination of flavors is refreshing. I served his along side a sauteed chicken greast and was in heaven. The fresh lemon peel adds great flavor, although I think I might try a little dash of garlic next time to see what that adds. All in all a delightful side dish: colorful and flavorful. Thanks Barb!
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- While noodles are cooking, lightly toast poppy seeds in a dry small skillet over moderately low heat, stirring, until just fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water and drain noodles in a colander.
- Add butter and zest to warm pot and swirl until melted.
- Add noodles and toss, adding enough of reserved cooking water to keep noodles moist, then stir in poppy seeds, chives, salt and pepper to taste.