I love to make these muffins I always get so many compliments and people ask for recipe. Muffins are best the day when they are made but these stay nice and moist for 2 days. If you heat them in microwave for 15 seconds they taste like fresh again. They freeze and travel well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C.
- 2Grease or fit paper liners into 6 large muffin cups.
- 3In a large bowl mix almond meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds, lemon zest.
- 4In another bowl mix milk, oil, butter, eggs and lemon juice.
- 5Add this wet mixture to the flour mixture.
- 6Stir until just combined. Do not over mix batter should be slightly lumpy.
- 7Fill each muffin cup three-quarters full.
- 8Bake for 25-30min. until golden brown and a skewer inserted in centre of one comes out clean.
- 9Let cool in pan for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.6
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 292.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g