Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love to make these muffins I always get so many compliments and people ask for recipe. Muffins are best the day when they are made but these stay nice and moist for 2 days. If you heat them in microwave for 15 seconds they taste like fresh again. They freeze and travel well.
- 2⁄3 cup ground almond meal
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 0.13 lb butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Grease or fit paper liners into 6 large muffin cups.
- In a large bowl mix almond meal, flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds, lemon zest.
- In another bowl mix milk, oil, butter, eggs and lemon juice.
- Add this wet mixture to the flour mixture.
- Stir until just combined. Do not over mix batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Fill each muffin cup three-quarters full.
- Bake for 25-30min. until golden brown and a skewer inserted in centre of one comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack.