cook a ramma momma's Note:
This is a great recipe I came up with. Very tender with a great oven rise. Recipezaar won't recognize lemon oil in the recipe. Use this instead of lemon extract.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- 2Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- 3In small bowl, combine buttermilk, water, and lemon juice.
- 4Sift together flour, soda, salt and poppy seeds.
- 5Alternately add dry and wet ingredients to butter mixture starting and ending with dry ones.
- 6Spoon batter into 21 muffin cups. Fill extra cups 1/2 full of water.
- 7Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 6 minute.
- 8Decrease oven temp to 325by opening oven door and bake for an additional10-12 minute.
- 9Remove from oven when done and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 190.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g