1/15 Photos of Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Dine & Dish's Note:
These moist and delicious muffins are sure to be a hit at your next ladies brunch or tea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sweet creamy butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3Add the egg yolks, one at a time.
- 4Beat well after each.
- 5In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.
- 6With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating two times with the buttermilk, then lemon juice, and then vanilla.
- 7Beat just until smooth.
- 8In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 9Gently fold them into the muffin batter until blended.
- 10Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, 3/4-full.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 12Cool for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- 13I sometimes sprinkle the muffin mixture with sugar prior to putting in the oven just to add a little extra sweetness.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 248.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of