Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
High Fiber, Good Protein, Low Carbs.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (to mix with milk)
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄3 cup soy protein
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
- Prepheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cake pan (9x13) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together milk with lemon juice, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Beat together egg whites, brown sugar, and oil. Then add vanilla, Lemon extract, zucchini, carrots and the milk and lemon juice mixture. Mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, flaxmeal, soy protein, poppy seeds, baking soda, salt, almonds.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture until just blended. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden stick inserted into the middle comes out clean.