Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
So simple and perfectly delicious made with summer fresh fruits. It's low in fat and everyone in the family will love it, at least everyone here does,
- 1⁄2 a cantaloupe (chilled, sliced and chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped strawberries (sliced, chopped or quartered depending on size)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup lemon yogurt, fat free, no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- ground mace (optional)
- Have the cantaloupe and strawberries chilled and ready.
- Cut the cantaloupe in half, remove seeds then peel, slice and chop (reserve the other half for another purpose).
- Place in mixing bowl.
- Wash and cut the strawberries and add to the melon.
- Mix the yogurt with the poppy seed and gently stir into the melon and berries.
- Peel and slice the banana and fold it into the mix.
- Sprinkle the top with the ground mace if desired.
- Serve at once or chill up to 4 hours.
I made 2 of these last night for the DM and myself using strawberries and honeydew melon and a vanilla yoghurt - I had already given the DM hers when I realized I had forgotten the poppy seeds so they just went on mine and the as I have fruit left over we shall be having another one tonight. We both thoroughly enjoyed our guilt free dessert, thank you Annacia made for Everyday A Holiday tag game.
We had this on Saturday for our dinner with every dish having "poppy seeds" in it (a total of 6 dishes including several sides and this for dessert). I'm still on "poppy seed" over-dose. I had a bag of frozen, sliced strawberries, so I thawed some out in the fridge. The recipe doesn't state how large of dice to make the cantalope, so I used my really small melon-baller, and it worked fine. The banana I used was a bit 'mushy', but that's okay... the flavor was still there. This was a light and refreshing way to end our meal. Thank you for posting. (Made for PRMR)
Made as given, using some small, extremely flavorful strawberries that I cut in half. Great combo of fruits with the sesame seeds, & a recipe worth making again & again, for sure. Thanks for sharing it. [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]