1/1 Photo of Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
This recipe comes from a cookbook "Mrs. Fields Cookie Book", which I bought more than 15 years ago and still use today for many of the cookies I bake. I usually leave out the coriander (as my family doesn't like a lot of zesty spices), but they're still very good even with the coriander.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, lemon zest, coriander and poppy seeds. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until the mixture forms a grainy paste.
- 3Scrape down the sides of the bowl (this ensures that the butter and sugar are thoroughly blended to provide a consistent base for the remaining ingredients). Then add the egg yolks, egg, and lemon extract. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 4Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake at 300° for 23-25 minutes or until cookies are slightly brown along the edges. Immediately transfer the cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 97.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g