Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
Taking the lemon poppyseed cake to new heights :)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For cookies, beat granulated sugar and butter in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and lemon peel. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Beat in poppy seeds on low speed.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand on cookie sheets 1 minute; transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in small bowl; mix well. Drizzle glaze over cookies; let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.
I made these last night and took them to work today for morning tea and everyone loved them. The lemon glaze adds a lovely tang.
these are really delicious i really like them. The recipe is simple and with the glaze they taste even better