Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really good and easy to prepare
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
poppy seed glaze
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Mix sugar, butter or margarine,lemon peel and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Shape dough into a roll, 12" long.
- Roll in plastic wrap and roll into a cylinder 12" long,
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.Heat oven to 375*.
- Cut dough into 1/4" slices. Place about 2" apart on ungreased sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely. spread cookies with poppy seed glaze.
- POPPY SEED GLAZE.
- Mix all ingredients till smooth. Add 1-2 tsps water, if necessary to make glaze spreadable.