Recipe by Engrossed
This recipe was given to one of my Uncles 25 years ago from a co-worker. It has been a much requested recipe in our family ever since. One of my favorites. *The secret to the lemony flavor is the thin glaze which sinks into the cake and then hardens and gives it a really nice texture. I love the bottom where the glaze is thickest!
Top Review by Ethan's Mom
While the taste is fantastic, I struggled with getting the cake out of the pan once I put the glaze on it. I used individual bundt pans and followed the directions exactly. When I make this recipe again, I will remove the cakes from the pans first and then add the glaze. Thanks for a great recipe!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix (with or without the pudding)
- 1 (3 ounce) jello instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seed (to taste)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a bundt pan.
- Beat together cake ingredients with an electric mixer for about 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
- While cake is baking mix lemon juice with powdered sugar for the glaze. It should have a thin consistency to sink into the cake.
- When cake is done and still hot, poke holes all over it (still in the bundt pan) with long skewers and pour the glaze over it.
- Allow cake to cool and then remove from the pan.