Recipe by Colleen Sr.
Found in the cookbook "Prayers For Parker", to benefit Parker Sebens of Milnor, ND who suffered a tragic farm accident. It was submitted by Robin Knutson and has fast become a family favorite and is quick and easy to assemble.
Top Review by Chef Garlic
This recipe is awesome. The bread came out super moist and lemony. I did add a lemon glaze on top after it was done. This is a definite keeper! Great for a bread machine, too!
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients in mixer bowl and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Divide into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Other combinations can be used. One of my daughters used spice cake mix and instant butterscotch pudding (no seeds!).