Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found in the cookbook "Prayers For Parker", to benefit Parker Sebens of Milnor, ND who suffered a tragic farm accident. It was submitted by Robin Knutson and has fast become a family favorite and is quick and easy to assemble.
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- Mix ingredients in mixer bowl and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Divide into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Other combinations can be used. One of my daughters used spice cake mix and instant butterscotch pudding (no seeds!).
This recipe is awesome. The bread came out super moist and lemony. I did add a lemon glaze on top after it was done. This is a definite keeper! Great for a bread machine, too!
I sure did like this, but I was looking for more of a quick-bread texture. It was very much a cake texture.