1/1 Photo of Lemon-Poppy Seed Baby Bundt Cakes
1 hr 30 mins
For many, the holidays are a time to overindulge—but maintaining a healthy lifestyle while enjoying flavourful fare and the sweet treats you crave doesn't have to be difficult. At your next holiday party, end the night by serving these lemon-poppy seed baby Bundt cakes. By making simple substitutions, like using confectioners' sugar in place of heavy frosting or whipped cream, and spraying Pam Baking instead of butter on the pans, you can cut the extra fat and calories without sacrificing on flavour. Covered in a fresh, citrusy glaze, these cakes will satisfy just about any sweet tooth but are light enough for guests to squeeze in a slice or two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pam cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat milk (2%)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1Prepare Cake: Preheat oven to 325°F Spray two 6-cake mini Bundt pans with baking spray.
- 2Blend flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, butter, the 2 tablespoons lemon peel, the 1/3 cup lemon juice, the eggs and the 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seed in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium; beat 3 minutes. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near centre comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack; cool completely.
- 3Prepare Glaze: Whisk together confectioners' sugar, the 1 tablespoon lemon peel, the 3 tablespoons lemon juice and the 1 teaspoon poppy seeds until smooth. Add water by the half teaspoon to desired consistency. Spoon over cooled cakes.
- 4Cook's Tips: If you have only one 6-cake mini Bundt pan, bake the first six mini cakes. After removing cakes from pan, make sure pan is cooled and washed before using again with remaining batter. To make one large cake, use a 12-cup Bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 5Additional recipe ideas and more information about Pam Baking can be found online at www.pam.ca.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Poppy Seed Baby Bundt Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 206.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 49.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g