Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
found this recipe on allrecipes.com.by Laura, sounds good. I'm going to be starting one so I need variations.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 28.39 ml poppy seed
- 2 (170.09 g) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 236.59 ml amish starter
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, poppy seeds, and lemon pudding mix. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Amish starter, eggs, milk, applesauce, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Add to dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for one hour. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan.
Very good but wish it had more of a sweet lemon favor. Next time I will try adding lemon extract and coating buttered loaf pan with sugar.
This was good, but the vanilla and cinnamon seemed to overpower the bread; I will try it again for sure but leave out the vanilla and cinnamon. I took Chef SEvans recommendation and added some lemon zest and lemon juice. I made mine into muffins, cooking them for 25 minutes at 360; I think it would be much better as bread. THANKS!
I only used 1 pkg. of pudding and added a little fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. Very moist and tasty.