found this recipe on allrecipes.com.by Laura, sounds good. I'm going to be starting one so I need variations.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup poppy seed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup amish starter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl blend together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, poppy seeds, and lemon pudding mix. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Amish starter, eggs, milk, applesauce, vanilla, and vegetable oil. Add to dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for one hour. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan.