Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crunchy, lemony, vegan cookies!
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons raw brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°C Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar, and zest (food processor works great for this). Beat in lemon juice, then cornmeal, oats, and salt.
- If your dough is droopy chill it for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together topping ingredients (brown sugar, nuts, and lemon zest). Set aside.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, at least 3 inches apart, onto prepared sheet. Using a small pointy spoon push a slight dimple into each dough circle and tip about 1/8 tsp topping into each depression.
- Bake about 12 minutes, until cookies are thin disks with golden edges.