Recipe by **Jubes**
Easy to make cake that is lovely and moist. As a bonus it is gluten free as it is made from polenta (corn meal) and almond meals. Contains no flours
- 450 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 lemons, juice and rind of, finely grated and juice reserved
- 450 g almond meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups polenta, 275g (corn meal)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder (ensure GF if required)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160C.( 320°F ).
- Grease and line a 26cm (10 inch) round cake tin with paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the essence, rind and juice.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the cake pan and cover with aluminium foil. Bake.
- Check after 40 minutes - the cake is cooked when the crumbs cling to an inserted skewer. The cake should take between 40 minutes and one hour to cook.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar and with cream, mascarpone or vanilla yogurt.