From a Diabetic cookbook. Dietary exchanges are 4 lean meat, 1 1/2 vegetable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons white grape juice or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1/2 teaspoon instant fish bouillon cube
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (4 -6 ounce) fresh halibut steaks or 2 (4 -6 ounce) frozen halibut steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- lemon slice, for garnish (optional)
- 1Combine carrots, water, wine, lemon juice, rosemary, marjoram, bouillon granules and pepper in large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Place fish and onions in skillet and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 3Transfer fish to serving platter with slotted spatula. Spoon vegetables over fish. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Poached Halibut With Carrots for 2
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 22.1 g