- 2 medium carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons white grape juice or 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules or 1⁄2 teaspoon instant fish bouillon cube
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (4 -6 ounce) fresh halibut steaks or 2 (4 -6 ounce) frozen halibut steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- lemon slice, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine carrots, water, wine, lemon juice, rosemary, marjoram, bouillon granules and pepper in large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place fish and onions in skillet and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to serving platter with slotted spatula. Spoon vegetables over fish. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.