Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from marthastewart.com. Cook time does not include chill times.
Make and share this Lemon Pistachio Wreaths recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 3⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 5 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted shelled pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Put butter and granulated sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in yolks, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low, and gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Roll out to a generous 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a 2 1/2-inch round fluted cutter, cut out wreaths. Reroll scraps, and cut out. Cut out centers of wreaths using a 7/8-inch round cutter.
- Space 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Bake until just golden, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely on wire racks.
- Stir together confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Dip surface of each cookie in icing, and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Let set on wire racks.
- Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.