Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Simply Classic by Jr. League of Seattle. Preparation time includes 1 hour chilling time.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup pistachio nut, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, mixing until just combined. Add lemon zest and juice. Blend in flour mixture, mix to thoroughly combine.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 C).
- Combine pistachio nuts and 3 tablespoons sugar. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in pistachio-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on un-greased baking sheets. Press cookies down with a small glass to flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden. Transfer to racks to cool.