Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 30 mins
I am a lemon recipe collector and this sounds great...haven't had a chance to make it yet. It might be nice for a spring brunch.
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk (or 3 tablespoons powdered buttermilk mixed with )
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted shelled pistachio, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon extract
Lemon Curd Spread
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 lemons, juice of
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Place all the ingredients in the machine. Program for Bread, Sweet setting, or Basic White Bread/Light, and press Start. Serve with Lemon Curd Spread.
- For the spread: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until they are light in color and slightly thick. Then whisk the lemon juice and lemon rind into the yolk mixture. Transfer the bowl to the top of a double boiler and whisk the mixture until it starts to thicken. As the mixture thickens, add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue to whisk until the mixture is thick. This should only take a few minutes. Transfer the lemon spread to a clean bowl, cover it with plastic and store it in the refrigerator (it will keep for up to 3 days).