Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lemon and Pistachio Couscous is delicious with fish and chicken or lamb and quick to prepare. What more could you ask for?
- 500 g instant couscous
- 300 ml boiling chicken or 300 ml vegetable stock
- 65 g melted butter
- 80 g raisins
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 50 g roasted sliced almonds
- 80 g pistachio nuts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place the couscous in a bowl and add the boiling stock.
- Leave for 5 minutes until couscous has softened and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in melted butter, raisins, lemon rind and nuts.
- Season to taste.
I was looking for something different for lunch and tried this. I love the combination of sweet raisins and crunch nuts with the couscous! I was thinking it is almost a dessert. Thanks so much for sharing, this is exactly what I wanted. Wendy