Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
Although I haven't tried it yet, this looks like a quick, tasty, low fat meal. It was featured in my local paper and is from "Betty Crocker 4-Ingredient Dinners".
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pistachio nut, toasted (see note)
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken and lemon juice in oil 10 to 15 minutes, turning chicken once and stirring juice mixture occasionally, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Serve chicken topped with any remaining pan juices and nuts.
- **NOTE:Toasting nuts really brings out their flavor.
- To toast nuts, bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in a 350 degree oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Or cook in ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat five to seven minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown.