Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From "Cake Mix Magic." This cake uses a lemon cake mix, lemon-flavored gelatin mix and chopped pistachio nuts to marry up two divine ingredients. You can use a simply lemon juice and confectioner's sugar glaze on top or thin out some store-bought lemon frosting with a little milk and warm until it is a drizzling consistency. You can even opt to go icing-less because this cake is delicious on its own!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin, dessert mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pistachio nut
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan or 4-liter tube pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 25 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then remove cake and cool completely. Drizzle with lemon glaze, if desired.
- NOTE: If desired, a 9 x 13-inch pan can be used to bake this cake. If this variation is used, bake only about 40 minutes.