1/2 Photos of Lemon Pistachio Biscotti
1 hr 18 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
The pairing of lemon & pistachio makes for a great, crisp cookie. The recipe comes from the 1999 cookbook, Cookies for Christmas. Preparation time does not include the initial cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE COOKIE
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest, finely minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted pistachio nuts
FOR THE ICING
- 1FOR THE COOKIE ~ Preheat oven to 375 degrees F & lightly grease several cookie sheets or 1 LARGE one.
- 2In large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Add sugar, baking powder & salt, beating to cimbine & scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 4Beat in eggs & vanilla until combined.
- 5Beat in lemon zest & as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- 6Using a wooden spoon or your hands, stir or knead in remaining flour & pistachio nuts.
- 7On lightly floured surface, divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- 8Shape each portion into an 8-inch-long loaf.
- 9Flatten loaves to about 2 1/2 inches wide, & place them at least 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet(s).
- 10Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown & tops are cracked. (Loaves will spread slightly.).
- 11Cool on cookie sheet for 30 minutes,
- 12When cooled, preheat oven to 325 degrees F, then transfer loaves to a cutting board to cut each loaf into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 13Place slices, cut sides down on previously used cookie sheet(s), & bake 8 minutes.
- 14Turn slices over & bake 8-10 minutes more or until dry & crisp.
- 15Transfer to wire rack & cool.
- 16FOR THE ICING ~ In a small mixing bowl, stir together sifted powdered sugar & 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- 17Stir in enough lemon juice (or milk) to make icing of drizzling consistency.
- 18Either dip 1/4 of one end of each cookie into icing OR drizzle each with icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pistachio Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 57.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g