Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was server this salad at a pot luck. I feel it could be used as a dessert also. I have made it over and over.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained, save juice
- 4 ounces Dream Whip (1 pk.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Prepare jello according to package directions.
- Pour it in a 9x9 pan.
- When jello begans to set, add drained crushed pineapple.
- Beat cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 pk. dream whip according to recipe on package then add beaten cream cheese.
- Spread over jello mixture after it has set up.
- Combine in sauce pan, sugar and cornstarch; add pineapple juice and beaten eggs, cook until thickened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Let cool, then pour over top of whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.