Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my modification of Leanne Ely's "Lemon Pineapple Baked Chicken" (see www.savingdinner.com)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or 2 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cooked brown rice (optional)
- steamed broccoli (optional)
- Separate pineapple chunks from juice-- place chunks in refrigerator to be served as a side dish with the meal.
- Combine pineapple juice, garlic, cornstarch, Worcestershire, mustard, thyme (or rosemary), salt, pepper, and lemon juice; set aside.
- Place peeled, cubed sweet potatoes in bottom of crock pot, and lay chicken breasts on top.
- Pour juice mixture over chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on High, or 8 hours on Low (assuming chicken is frozen); reduce cooking time if chicken is thawed.
- Remove chicken and sweet potatoes from juices, and place in separate serving dishes; keep warm.
- Thicken juices on stove top using cornstarch to make a gravy.
- (Don't forget to put the chilled pineapple chunks on the table!).
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.