Recipe by pinkpeacock524
Absolutely delicious! These were a crowd pleaser to even the picky eaters. Extremely simple and so yummy!! This is the actual recipie I got off Food Network's website. I like to add a little more lemon and pine nuts for the additional flavor.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Excellent green beans. I loved the fresh lemon flavor and the toasted pine nuts. I used garlic in place of shallot, but that is all I changed. I had close to one pound of fresh green beans so I adjusted the amounts accordingly. Awesome. Thanx!
- 1⁄3 lb fresh green beans (ends trimmed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch green beans in salted boiling water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium to medium high heat.
- Cook shallots approximately 1 minute. (Stir often to prevent burning).
- Add pine nuts to toast for an additional minute.
- Add green beans and toss (just enough to warm and coat.).
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper. I like to add some fresh lemon peel as well. Gives it a great additional taste.
- Toss well to combine all ingredients.