Prep 3 hrs 23 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I will post an intro after I make it.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chocolate candy bars
- In a large bowl beat margarine and shortening until fluffy.
- Stir in half of the flour, egg, sugar, grated lemon peel, milk, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Beat until thoroughly combined then stir in remaining half of flour.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Once dough has chilled preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll chilled dough onto a lightly floured surface to 1/8" thick and cut into 3" rectangles.
- Divide the chocolate candy bar into small rectangles and place one piece on each piece of dough.
- Fold an edge over the chocolate and seal the edges with the tines of a fork.
- Place 1" apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the edges are firm.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack.