Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is made using a boxed cake mix. The recipe is from my friend Kate in KY, and these are her comments: "This recipe was posted by my friend Star on the TOH BB. The cake is wonderful. I actually made it into cupcakes, and they were a hit. I placed a 'blob' of lemon pudding on the top but not touching the sides and then put just a really thin layer of batter over that. I suggest the foil cupcake liners."
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) white cake mix
- 2 eggs (see NOTE)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (see NOTE)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (see NOTE)
- 1 (21 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) canready to spread lemon frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- The egg, oil and water measures listed above may not be what is called for by your boxed cake mix. Please use what is called for by your cake mix.
- Mix cake as directed on box and pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Place spoonful of lemon pie filling in blobs over batter.
- Bake as directed on the box.
- Let cool completely.
- Cake batter covers blobs, so there will be pockets of lemony filling inside.
- Mix frosting and Cool Whip together and spread on cake.
- This cake needs to be kept refrigerated.