Chris from Kansas's Note:
Tastes like lemon meringue pie, but is made with a cake mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs, separated, reserving whites for meringue
- 1 cup coconut
Meringue and Filling
- 3 reserved egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (22 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, combine all base ingredients. Mix at low speed until crumbly.
- 2Press in ungreased 13X9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, to make meringue, beat egg whites in small bowl on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 4Remove base from oven and spread evenly with lemon pie filling; spread meringue over pie filling.
- 5Return to oven and bake an additional 15 to 25 minutes until meringue is light golden brown.
- 6Cool completely; cut into squares. Garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pie Squares
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 286.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pie filling