Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is the best of both a cake and pie. baked in a cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 21 ounces lemon pie filling
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl beat the cake mix and the eggs until well blended. beat in the pie filling. spread into a greased 10 x15 sheet cake pan. bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes , or until toothpick comes out clean. cool on a rack. make frosting by beating the cream cheese and butter until fluffy , add the powdered sugar and vanilla. spread on cooled cake. store cake in refrigerator.
- note= i baked my cake in a 13x9 pan and baked it for 3o to 35 minute i also used a tub of ready to spread cream cheese frosting.it was wonderful !
Absolutely delicious and very rich. I will definitely be making this cake/pie again. Thanks, Brenda.
This tasted SO good we all had to go back and have seconds. It was easy to make. I made it in 9 x 13 pan also and it worked just fine. I did have trouble with the proportions of the icing. I use an 8 ounce cream cheese when I make this frosting and I think it could have used that.