Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
mrs ruth old recipe from meadow grove ne 1930s at least
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, im guessing more tablespoon here
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, heaping
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 pie crust, baked
- yolks ,save 2 whites for frosting ( use all 4 makes it high).
- mix all together in double boiler
- then add boiling water,temper 1st or will scramble eggs
- cook until thick it says bake and frost.
- im guessing that you put meringue on then bake, 450 5 minutes says sufficient for 2 pies
- 1 guessing 1 good one.