Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not your typical lemon pie. It is creamy and light and wonderful. This is a recipe handed down from my husband's grandmother. He can eat on in just two days!!!!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (8 inch) prepared graham cracker crusts
- Separate eggs.
- Whisk egg yolks to blend.
- Add condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon extract. Whisk well to blend.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Whip egg whites and cream of tarter to form merangue.
- Add sugar at the end - whip thoroughly.
- Place merangue on top - spread evenly.
- Bake 350 for 8-10 minutes until merangue is browned.
MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Lemon Pie & this certainly fit the bill!!! It was more pudding-like, but the flavor was outstanding...maybe I didn't let it set long enough, but either way, it rates 5 stars...will most definately make again!!! Made for Spring 2010 PAC