1/1 Photo of Lemon Pickle - Jamie Oliver's
Jamie Oliver's Lemon Pickle. Excellent for serving with curry. When I made this I could only get 'Barts' dried curry leaves and I used a small handfull probably about a desert spoonfull. I couldn't get 'urad' dal (small dried split peas) only yellow mung dal. The yellow mung dal might be slightly larger - I just cooked it a bit longer than he's book said. The pickle turned out fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and deseed the lemons and cut into bite size pieces, leaving the skin on.
- 2Fry the mustard seeds in the hot oil. As they begin to pop add the curry leaves and the urad dal.
- 3Lower the heat and cook until brown, then add the vinegar.
- 4Cook until the dal is soft - test one as they will be really hard if not cooked through.
- 5Stir in the lemon, cook for a bit and then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- 6This can be stored in the fridge for a few days if you wish.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Pickle - Jamie Oliver's
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.5
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g