Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Grind chillies.
- Wash and dry lemons.
- Cut them in convenient sizes.
- To the chillies, add salt, vinegar and lemon sections.
- Toss well.
- Pack in a clean jar.
- At intervals of 6 weeks, mix together half a cup of vinegar and 2 tbsp.
- of salt.
- Pour this over the lemon pickle and stir into a bottle having a knife blade.
- Re-cap the bottle.
- Note: More vinegar and salt must be added if it appears to be drying out.
This is a delicious and unusual pickle. I have just sampled my first batch, and i will be making more for sure