Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great with fish, and cold meats. Even with snack biscuits. This was given to me by a customer where I work.
- 2 lemons, chopped and pips removed
- 5 large onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 finely grated lemons, rind of
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Puree lemons and onions,with some of the vinegar until very smooth. Place in a large pot, with all other ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for about 45 mins, until reduced to a spoonable consistency. Bottle while hot into sterlised jars.
I didn't have to make this, thanks Bernadette for the freebe, its absolutely bloody lovely - tastes wonderful with everything. I will be making it now though, might try it with limes as we have quite a few lime trees